Check out some tips from our friends at ZAP & HVAC Consulting
HVAC Quick Tips
- Activate your programmable thermostat's hold or vacation feature if you are planning to take any Spring Break trips.
- Warmer weather means more landscaping. Clear your exterior AC unit of any foreign debris, such as grass clippings and leaves.
- Repair/replace any damaged pipe insulation found on the outside unit's suction line. This line ensures the system's cooling functions.
- Inspect your system's condensate drain line to ensure excess moisture is exiting the home adequately.
- Prepping for a hot and humid Summer? Consider installing a whole house dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your home's air.
The Start of Severe Weather Season
- Be weather-ready and check the forecast regularly. It is also a good idea to sign up for first alert weather notifications so you can get up-to-date weather information straight to your phone.
- Every household and workplace should have an emergency communications plan, meeting spot and safe room. Put your plan into action and practice the steps with those around you so EVERYONE knows what to do and where to go in the event of an emergency.
- Replenish your emergency supplies and first aid kits, you never know when you may need them.
You can find more severe weather safety tips at www.weather.gov/safety